All versions of the model (0142, 0150 and 0151) include the electric geared orrery and star dome and enable you to study the following topics:
- The Planets in their orbits (length of a year, inferior and superior planets)
- The phases of Venus
- The Moon and its phases (external light source required)
- Eclipse basics
- Time - solar, sidereal and G.M.T.
- The ecliptic and the Zodiacal constellations
- How the planets appear to move against the night sky
- Use of the Helios outside at night - where should the stars appear in the sky?
With the large Earth and Moon accessories that are included in versions 0150 and 0151 you can also watch as the Earth rotates on its axis while the Moon orbits it every 29.5 'days'. Using an external light source (torch, projector), the larger size of Earth and Moon enables you to demonstrate the following events much more clearly:
- Day and night
- Shadows and the seasons
- The Moon's month, phases and eclipses
- The Pole Star, circumpolar stars and a nocturnal
- The Moon and stars from different positions on Earth
- The tides
- Space travel
Items 0142 and 0150 are supplied with a star dome for the northern hemishpere. Product reference 0151 is supplied with a star dome for the southern hemishpere.
- Video: Orbit Tellurium 2
- Teaching resources
- Introduction to the Solar System
No customer reviews yet. Leave a review